When your dog starts shedding his coat in handfuls, the cause can be more than seasonal. Most dogs shed some of their coat in spring and fall, but if you’re finding canine coat tufts all over the house, take the necessary steps to help her regrow it quickly.
What are the Tools Required to Grow Dog Hair Back Fast?
Causes for Hair Loss in Dogs
Some health conditions that cause hair loss in your dogs are:
- Bacterial Infection
- Fungal infection- Ringworm
- Cushing’s Disease
Other reasons that lead to hair loss in dogs but can be treated at home are:
- Stress and anxiety
- Chronic licking or Acral lick dermatitis
- Pressure sores or bed sores
Symptoms for Hair Loss in Dogs
Symptoms to look out for hair loss in dogs besides their shedding periods are:
- Skin rashes
- Skin discoloration
- Behavioral issues
- Increased thirst and urination which indicates Cushing’s disease
- Excessive biting or scratching
- Using a flea comb, check your dog’s coat for fleas and infections.
- Kindly mention to your vet if you have visited parks, dog daycares, and pet centers where your pet could have been exposed to allergies and infections.
Best Ways to Grow Dog Hair Back Fast
Offer Good Diet
- Hair is a part of your dog’s body, and it needs nutrition, nourishment, and care to prosper and shine. Conversely, a poor diet can lead to an unhealthy coat.
- Start to grow your furry friend’s hair back fast by feeding him a good, well-balanced diet.
- Pay more attention to his diet than before. While buying your dog’s food in the supermarket, read the label’s ingredients carefully. Look for healthy ingredients like whole meat protein sources, grains, vegetables, and fruits. Look for dog foods that include omega 3 and omega 4. These omega fatty acids are so essential to nourish your canine’s coat.
Food supplements containing omega fatty acids and vitamins like “vitamin-c” are always a good idea to add to your dog’s diet. These supplements reduce inflammation of the skin leading to healthy long hair. Also, they make skin healthier by replacing essential oils and keeping your dog from scratching, which may result in hair loss. Avoid using any human food supplements as they may contain ingredients that harm your dog, look for supplements made for dogs in your local pet store.
Take Herbal Help
There are several herbal remedies you can add to your dog’s diet that can help you to get your dog’s hair back faster, such as flax-seed oil, grape-seed, evening primrose oil, and horsetail. These natural remedies provide additional omega fatty acids, add required antioxidants, stimulate hair growth beneath the skin and strengthen new hair growth.
Try Home Remedies
These are some of the old home remedies that pet owners have been using for many years to speed the process of regrowing the hair back. People usually prefer home remedies as their primary choice as they are cheap, available, and easy to apply.
- Lemon Juice has antibacterial properties as it contains citric acid, which makes it helpful in fighting bacterial presence in your dog’s coat. Lemon juice helps regrow your dog’s skin in two ways.
- First, it kills bacteria that are causing hair loss or is preventing or slowing the growth of new hair. Secondly, it will take some load off your dog’s immune system, helping their body dedicate more resources to growing their hair.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is acidic, making it a natural antifungal and antibacterial. You can either rub it on your dog’s skin or add it to their bath.
Olive oil is excellent at moisturizing dry and rough skin, which can be one of the reasons that your dog’s hair doesn’t grow back as fast as you hope. Massage a small amount of the olive oil on your canine’s skin, especially over the dry rough patches.
Aloe Vera is well-known to have a lot of benefits for hair, be it humans or dogs. It also contains nutrients and enzymes that can help remove the dead skin cells that can block the nutrient uptake healthy hair needs and help your dog’s scalp and hair healthier.
Apply Aloe Vera on the itchy areas to soothe it and take the itching down a notch or two, helping your dog scratch less.
Flaxseed oil can be a beneficial remedy to your dog’s coat to help them regrow their coats faster. Flaxseed oil contains high amounts of omega-3 fatty acids that are beneficial for your dog’s coat and can treat your pup’s dry and itchy skin as well. The omega-3s are also helpful for treating inflammation in joints, heart, and skin.
Apply coconut oil to your dog’s skin in areas with hair loss. The lyric acid in the coconut oil kills harmful pathogens like yeast and bacteria that build up on your dog’s damaged skin. It can also soothe your dog’s skin and leave them more comfortable and more relaxed.
Your pup needs to shed his old coat before growing a new one. To speed up this process, you need to groom your dog to remove all the dead hair on his skin for the new one to replace. You can achieve this in two ways:
Daily brushing will help with blood flow leading to healthy skin and coat. also, this will help to remove dirt and debris along with dead hair
A good warm bath with a shampoo containing oatmeal or tea tree oil will soothe your dog’s skin, help the old hair come out and kill any bacteria that slows hair growth.
Buy a Humidifier
Dry skin & hair is one of the most common problems with dog hair loss. And one of the best ways to combat that is to get a humidifier. A humidifier will maintain more moisture in the air, soothing your dog’s skin and preventing that dry, itchy skin. The best place to place your humidifier is near your dog’s bed.
- Check with your vet before changing your dog’s diet, medication, or physical activity routines. This information is not a substitute for a dog’s opinion.
- Always bathe your dog well to prevent irritation from leftover shampoo.
- Always remember, do not use human shampoo on your dog.
How to Grow Dog Hair Back Fast – Videos
Get Your Dogs Hair To Grow Back Fast!
How to Make Dog Hair Grow Fast | Bright Ways Now
Home Remedies for Hair Loss in Dogs ~~ Hair Loss in Dogs – Natural Remedies
It is always wise to schedule a vet appointment to get to the bottom of your dog’s hair loss. However, if you can safely treat the issue at home, there are several ways to grow your dog’s beautiful fur back. From lemon juice and apple cider vinegar to essential oils and health supplements, you can use these methods to safely and naturally encourage fast dog hair growth.